Yet another reason why we need to be mindful of our stress levels. According to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), long term stress is harmful to your health which can lead to serious health problems including heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes. So what does that have to do with your hearing did I ‘hear” you cry (sorry about the pun)? Well anything that restricts your circulation such as those health problems just mentioned, is going to negatively impact on your hearing. The reason being is that the small sensory hairs of the inner ear depend on good circulation to perform correctly. Interesting!
10 Point Plan For Dealing with Stress:
- Learn to recognise when problems are developing and what the early signs of stress are for you.
- Be prepared to limit your exposure to stress (Alter, Avoid, Accept)
- Remember that your life has four cornerstones: family, work, leisure and friends.
- Keep yourself as physically fit as possible. Exercise a min. 20 minutes per day
- Take a break at least once a week and take a weekend off every now and then.
- Ensure you eat and drink respectfully with a well balanced diet.
- Don’t always hide your feelings.
- Remember that you need a little bit of stress in your life.